Every now and then we like to give a shout out to some of the best logistics and transportation companies in the area that go above and beyond in the services they provide to their clients. Today we’re happy to profile Admiral Merchants, an outstanding logistics and trucking company in Denver, CO.
A long history of high-quality service
Admiral Merchants was born out of the integration of three old-line trucking firms in the 1960s. At the time, Bob Short, a Minneapolis-based transportation guru as well as an entrepreneur in the area of real estate and pro sports, purchased Merchants Motor Freight and then Jack Cole/Dixie Highway Express. He merged these companies with his own, Admiral Transit, to form a large corporation that offered LTL trucking services from a large network of warehouses across the eastern half of the United States.
In 1972, Admiral Merchants enjoyed further growth, as it opened up a truckload special commodities division, with a special focus on the steel industry.
1980 brought some deregulation to the industry, which was great for growth for the burgeoning company. At that time, Admiral Merchants put forth all its effort into the truckload special commodities market.
Today, the company offers outstanding transportation services across the entire United States and Canada, with a system that features more than 1,200 pieces of equipment and 300 sales agents. The company has based its business model on being as flexible as possible, which has shown to be highly successful, as it averages a 20 percent revenue growth each year.
Admiral Merchants Motor Freight doesn’t just provide great service to its customers—it’s also an extremely positive, employee-friendly work environment. One of the company’s core values and goals is to ensure that every person who works for the company is known to be an important member of the team and is empowered with all the training and tools necessary to make decisions within the scope of their responsibilities.
Some of the other primary values the company has, according to its website, are as follows:
- “We will operate in such a manner as to retain our reputation as a company that does what it says. We value integrity and honesty and expect all who we work with to share these values.
- We develop quality relationships with our partners to achieve our long-term success.
- We strive for operational excellence to keep our costs low and provide a fair return to our partners and shareholders.
- We exist for our Agent and Driver partners. We listen to them and meet their needs with superior service. In return, we expect our agent and driver partners to understand our needs and work in partnership with us to help us achieve our long-term goals.
- In order to protect our drivers and the traveling public, and ensure shipper satisfaction, we emphasize safety and compliance with all of our Agent and Driver partners.”
We are pleased to work as a broker to connect drivers and customers with Admiral Merchants Motor Freight. For more information about logistics in Denver, CO, contact the experts at Osage Specialized Transport today.